Monday, August 3, 2009

My Weakend

Was My dad's 61st birthday this weekend. I helped him post old cars on Craigslist and cooked him dinner. I invited two of his brothers over and cooked for them. I made Flank Steak Crostini, Chimichurri sauce, with Vidalia Relish and Honey Chipotle Glazed Shrimp Kabobs. Coconut shrimp with Pina Colada dipping sauce, and for desert tres Leches Cake(Compliments of my niece Kasey Andrea)

Here are the recipes. My recipe is the Coconut Shrimp. Flank steak Crostini is Bobby Fay's:

Ingredients:

Coconut Shrimp

8 large butterflied shrimp remove shells
2 eggs
1 cup coconut milk (Can be found in Oriental section at the grocery store)
1/4 cup Pina Colada mix (Non-alcoholic type)
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup white flour
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs

Pina Colada Dipping Sauce

10oz sour cream
small can of crushed pineapples
1/4 cup pina colada mix
2tbs granulated sugar

Directions:

Pina Colada Dipping sauce
Place all ingredients into dish, also adding juice from crushed pineapples, and mix together thoroughly. place in refrigerator and chill until shrimp is ready.

Coconut Shrimp

Mix coconut and bread crumbs together in a medium dish bowl. In a separate dish mix eggs coconut milk and pina colada mix and beat together. Place flour in a separate bowl. Remove shell from shrimp devein and butterfly(you may buy it from the frozen section butterflied). Now coat the shrimp with flour. Dunk shrimp into egg batter and then into coconut breadcrumb mix. With a fork toss mixture over shrimp and apply firm pressure to ensure mixture attaches to shrimp. Turn shrimp over and repeat. Place on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper until all shrimps are coated. Preheat canola or vegetable oil to 375 degrees place shrimp in oil and deep fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and let stand for 4-5 mins.

Bobby Flay's Flank Steak Crostini with Chimichurri and Vidalia Relish:
click on link below
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/flank-steak-crostini-with-chimichurri-and-vidalia-relish-recipe/index.html

Wow I didn't realize how long it take to type these recipes!!! Hope you all enjoy the food. If anyone makes the Coconut Shrimp please let me know how you like the recipe I formulated. I will keep you all informed of my first day back in the field and what we cook in the fire house.

No comments:

Post a Comment