Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aug 11 Second 48 in the Feild

I had a great four days off with my family. I went to Red River with my parents, my niece, and my son. It was nice to breath the fresh air. We rode horses shopped and fished. We faught with each other and laughed with each other.

Well today was my first day back to my 48 hour fire department shift. allthough we were not busy with calls, we were still busy in general. Had to put new tires on the truck. While that happened the commander of Battalion one took me for traing. We practiced fire scene size up. The dividends of that training paid off great this afternoon at my first fire involving a 1st alarm and we were first in. It turned out to be a car fire under a car port up against a small house. My crew did a great job of knocking it out and saving the exposure. I ended up with a high speed low drag crew. They are kick ass.

In between the two calls and training I was able to cook dinner for my crew. I made them Chicken Breast Spanaki. Spanaki is Greak for spinich soufle. It's a butterflied chicken breast stuffed with spanaki seasoned and broiled for 20 mins. I made red skinned rosemary garlic buttered mashed patatoes and garlic french bread to go with it. Dam it was delicious!!! Below is the recipe.

Chicken Breast

Ingredients:

1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves smashed and chopped
2 stalks of fresh green onions chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 pound of frozen spinach washed and excess water squeezed out
1/2 cup of fresh dill chopped
2 whole eggs
15 oz of Riccota cheese
1 tbs fresh ground pepper
8 large chicken breasts
Itallian seasoning of your choice
olive oil
1 lemon
oregano

Directions:

Pour olive oil over pan preheated on medium heat. Add all chopped onions and garlic. Saute for one minute then ad spinich and saute for 10 mins. Now salt to taste. Preheat the broiler. Set aside spinich mixture to cool while you butterfly the chicken breasts. Sprinkle breasts with italian seasoninf, pepper and garlic powder.

In a bowl place spinach, dill, eggs, ricotta, and pepper. Mix together thorough. Stuff the butterflied chicken with spinach mixture and fold shut. Broil for 10 mins. on each side. Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle oregano over breast 15 mins into broil. Remove and serve.

I suggest serving it with mashed patatoes from a red patatoe with skin on add garlic lots of butter and some rosemary to the patatoes. Serve also with roasted asparagus and bread of choice.

This recipe was taken from The Food Network and I modified it with ricotta, garlic and itallian seasoning.

Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment